A (updatable) list for me to keep track of what I need to do/buy before departing for Burning Man 2012. I have begun the research process. AND for those who must ask what is Burning Man? Check out this wonderfully written exploration of Burning Man. It’s amazing.
Does anyone have any good costume ideas for me?! Something to wear in the land of no vending. 2012 Art Theme: Fertility 2.0
- Sunscreen. Lip Balm.
2 extra camera batteries for both the Nikon and the Sony.
- Hat (Protections from the sun)
- Goggles (Protection from sand storms)
- Fixed camera mount for bicycle handle bars.
Large Canopy Tent
- A weeks worth of portable and highly sustainable food.
- As much water as I can pack.
- Prepare some gifts to give. (one of the ten principles)
- Water proof camera case for Sony.
Head lamps for night riding.
- White Robe with Hood.
White bandanas. Particle mask.
- Water tight protective camera bag. Plus a few more.
- Cologne. Cause there will be no showers.
- Camping Cup and Utensils. Bowl.
- 22 Gallons of Water
- Sleeping Bag.
- Duct Tape. White Sheets.
- Tune up bicycle for desert exploration. Balloon tires. Repair kit. Tools. Lock.
Photo Source:Both images are from the Burning Man website.